In this week's podcast I have an announcement about the future of this podcast, so please listen carefully to the introduction. I also reached deep into the archives to find one of my very first podcasts with sleep expert Nick Littlehales. This was recorded in August 2016 but the content is still very relevant. As you will know by now, I am a big promoter of those aspects of life which contribute to recovery and regeneration after training and I’m not the only one who thinks that sleep is an under-rated tool for high performance. This is a very short, but information packed conversation in which we cover:
- How thinking in terms of sleep cycles in a 7 day period can help you get better sleep
- Why alcohol may help you drop off to sleep, but your sleep quality will suffer
- Circadian rhythms and why being in tune with this will help you get better sleep
- Why we should all plan our sleep requirements in the same way as we plan our training
- Pre and post sleep modes and why this will have a positive impact on sleep performance
- How to manipulate sleep cycles over 7 days and accommodate late evening training
- What is a better investment in your sleep than investing in a new mattress?
You can find out more about Nick at www.SportSleepCoach.com, or you can check out Nick’s book, “Sleep, the Myth of 8 Hours, the Power of Naps . . and the New Plan to Recharge Your Body and Mind”.
To find out more about Simon’s coaching please visit his website here.
To follow Simon on Facebook, click here.