In this week’s episode we welcome back a previous guest, my friend Andy Blow. He and I sat down for a chat at the 2019 TrainingPeaks Endurance Coaching Summit in Boulder, Colorado. Our discussion begins as we have a laugh about a regular Twitter post by 220 magazine about whether you should have a weekly long run or not. We recall a presentation at an expo several years ago where Andy and I deliberately took opposing views on a range of different subjects, almost implying that there are only 2 positions to be taken in any argument: Black or white. As the chat continues we discuss:
- Drinking to thirst versus drinking to a plan
- Why one individual might have a range of hydration solutions depending on a range of different factors
- What factors influence your hydration plan
- Why the answer to most training problems is, “it depends”
- Why the sports press loves to polarise arguments, and why this does more harm than good
To follow Simon on Facebook, click here.