Today's High Performance Human podcast guest is David DiFrancesco. David teaches average human beings to become Living Warriors by helping them to 'live fearfully’. By recognising that life is an inherent unknown, and knowing that we will feel uncomfortable at times, rather than avoiding feeling vulnerable we can develop the strength of resilience and a knowing confidence that we can handle what comes our way. David has learned this from Russian, Israeli, and US special forces soldiers who have the fitness and mindset of elite athletes. Thus, the lessons that he shares in this conversation can equally be applied in your life or in your pursuit of athletic goals. Topics covered include:
- Why the most physically prepared soldiers often fail the special forces selection process
- Fear - recognising that it exists and how to deal with the fear of failure and fear of success
- Appreciating that sharing vulnerability builds resilience
- Healing stories about yourself
- Developing the ability to experience and live in the unknown
- Learning to do what we are NOT good at
- Dealing with change when it is forced upon us
To follow David, please use the following social media links:
Email David if you have specific questions email@example.com
Warrior Workout Youtube channel
Some other cool links to check out:
David particularly liked this book: Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Dr. Susan Jeffers
'How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World' by Harry Browne
Join our SWAT/High Performance Human tribe now, with a happiness guarantee! Join SWAT/High Performance Human tribe here
Purchase a copy of my High Performance Human e-book featuring more than 30 top tips on how to upgrade your life.
If you would like to help offset the cost of our podcast production, we would be so grateful. Please click here to support the HPH podcast. Thank you!
Visit Simon's website for more information about his coaching programmes. Links to all of Simon's social media channels can be found here. For any questions please email Beth@TheTriathlonCoach.com.